RE: [APD] Carbon filtration, DOC & BGA -- water changes andNeolamprologus ocellatus

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, S. Hieber wrote:

> Erik and Kathy Olson havve kept these fish and I'd be
> interested to hear what either of them have to say about
> them and water changes. . . if either of them are
> listening.

Not much to it...just small water changes.  No more than 25%.  Frankly,
those tanks are the least planted of all of ours... just sand and shells.
The water's so hard I can't even put salvinia in.  We end up relying on
algaes for nutrient control.  And BGA can be a problem in these tanks.

Unfortunately, not much to say about DOC or other TLAs -- we don't really
measure anything these days.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson