[APD] RE: RE: Product lines...Thanks Tom and George

Tom/George,

Thanks for the responses with the Dupla and Dry ferts....I do STILL remember
the Dupla folks claiming PO4 and NO3 were not good for the aquarium.  In
fact, since I just got back into the planted aquaria since 1998, I was VERY
surprised to see your dosing info.  Initially I didn't believe you and did
some extensive research on the web. Times have INDEED changed in regards to
what we now believe our plants need vs. the mid 90's time frame.  As I
stated when I first signed on to this site 3 weeks ago...The biggest changes
I've seen in the planted aquaria vs. the early 90's is, great lighting
reflectors, fertilizers and the open availability of MANY plant species here
in the states.

Tom, I have already taken you advice and have ordered KNO3, K2SO4 and
KH2PO4...Tomorrow after my weekly water change, I will be adding the
recommended doses for my 55g tank.  Would be doing it today except the
gardening co. messed up with my order and forgot to include the KN03, but I
got everything else.

I will be very curious with using these new dry ferts for the first time.
I've NEVER used dry ferts before and it seems when I was running my
high-tech planted tank from 94 to 97 I never had good LONG-TERM growth with
the Duple line of ferts.  I always had great C02/lighting, pH, substrate,
etc. but I KNOW GOOD FEED for my plants (I think now) was ALWAYS lacking!
It seems I could never go over 8 or 9 months before the stem plants just
dwindled away. The pruned portions would never grow back with the same
intensity. I would always have to re-plant and start over.

I'm also curious to see what George concludes in his little Dupla vs.
Seachem experiment.  I will keep everyone posted on how my tank does with
this new dosing I'm undertaking.   Thanks again guys.

Take care,

Vic Di Cosola

Message: 6