Re: [APD] How does he prune... -- or - Sounds like a nutrientshortage to me

Interesting, Ed.

And a bit sad.

I must have seen a hundred pictures of this tank (mostly
repeats of the one linked here) in the last six months or
so. It's impressive -- no two ways about that.

Sad to think that such extraordinary efforts and respources
would be used for design and set up and then go thrifty on
the Operation and Mantenance.

Scott H.
--- Edward Venn <e_venn at hotmail_com> wrote:
> Andrew, Scott,
>
> I have actually seen the tank, it was setup in an
> advertising office's
> atrium. A real conversation piece that is looking a
> little ragged right now.
> All Amano tanks are very labour intensive and need to be
> maintained on a
> weekly (or in some cases daily) basis. This tank receives
> some attention
> once a month from a maintenance company, a number of the
> plants have since
> died off, others have run rampant.
>
> >http://www.mongabay.com/fish/images/big_tank.jpg
> >
> >How does he prune?
>
> As for pruning, someone has to get down inside the
> tank...

=====
S. Hieber