[APD] RE: Optimum nutrient levels

> From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
>
> I've read that it takes a whole lot of phoshpate to throw
> off the the KH/pH/CO2 table. More than one would ordinarily
> have in an aquarium. So if you've enough to throw off the
> table, start changing water.

I'm not sure how to quantify "a whole lot" but here is an example. If you
use commercial pH adjusting compounds that contain phosphate to adjust
your pH, you are adding enough to throw off the tables - by definition.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (gbooth at frii dot com)
 The website for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
   http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com/  (mirror)
   http://www.frii.com/~gbooth/AquaticConcepts/