Re: [APD]Optimum nutrient levels

The Phosphate seemed off.  I think we are looking for .18 ppm for PO4, not
1.8 ppm PO4.  This is what I use in my 18 Gallon,

"To target a specific phosphate increase, dose according to the following
formula: 0.8vp=m, where v= volume of tank in gallons*, p=desired phosphate
increase and m=volume of product to use in mL. For example to raise 17.5
gallons* to 0.35 mg/L phosphate you would use: 0.8*17.5*0.35=4.9 mL"

As for the other nutrient levels, going DIY is much more cost efficient,
especially with K.  And remember that this schedule is for a high light
tank, so for a 20 gallon, 90 watts.

http://www.fitchfamily.com/lighting.html

From:
http://www.sfbaaps.com/reference/barr_02_02.shtml

"Phosphate (PO4) 0.2ppm to 0.5ppm Add K2PO4 or fish food or sometimes in the
tap water already."