[APD] Re: CO2 Reactor Questions -- or - I'm Leaning towards one design

Quiz:

Are all the critical components visible in this pic?
Can you follow the water flow from start to end?
Can you follow the CO2 from start to end?
Is there a start and and end?

=====
S. Hieber

Here are my answers:
No, there is probably a central tube in the main reactor running down the centre of the bioball.
No, as it is not obvious which of the two large tubes the water flows into and out of, and it is also not obvious whether water flow is down the central pipe and up past the bioballs or vice versa.
Yes, the CO2 enters at the top of the bubble counter at the left and then down the central pipe and up, through the small airline section into the main reactor, presumably at the top.
"All things that have a beginning... have an end"

Since the CO2 must presumably enter at the top, I would be inclined to believe that the water pipe connected immediately below it is the input, and that these enter together, either at the reactor top, so that water flows down through the bio-balls, or at the top of the central tube so that the CO2 and water mix and flow down the central tube and up past the bio-balls and out. But then again, it could be done differently.
Those connectors look like Hoze-Lock connectors, if you have them in the US?

I would quite happily accept a free 2000 litre tank and reactor, if someone was to offer it, but I don't think I could quite afford it otherwise.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk