Mine did not move much, possibly because I spun the sample down to concentrate it a bit at 2000 rpm for a minute. You previously said that your GW cells were 2-3 um, correct? Is that how small they are in early cultures? What culture media do you use?
- Seweryn

No, it would make them in the size range of bacteria. Green water is an eukaryotic Chlorophyta. Nothing bacterial, these have organlles , Chloroplast etc. There are smaller eukaryotic algae than this as well.

The cells I culture are roughly 2-3 days old. Yours maybe fat and healthy.
They should also be very fast, try using mineral oil, or place a sample in the dark for 4 days/Chill them rapidly and look for 1/2 dead ones.
Tom Barr

Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp

Aquatic-Plants mailing list
Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com