Re: [APD] Plant Eating Algae Eaters

SAEs indeed, as a general rule, will nibble away on fine
leaf plants. Rotala Walichi, forget it; they can take it
down to stems in no time and keep it that way. Rotal
Indica, I don't think they hurt it all all. Good for
keeping fine strand algae at bay.

I've heard all kinds of things about flag fish from well
behaved to nasty to other fish and from plant polite to
(eek) plant eating. Guess it depends on the individual
fish.

Scott H.
--- AZ Burns <aerburns at hotmail_com> wrote:
> I have quite the infestation of hair algae all over my
> baby's tears in my 75
> gallon tank that I set up this weekend.  They were in
> pretty bad shape when
> I got them, but I didn't notice at the store.  Now the
> algae is spreading to
> the other plants, and I think I'm in need of some Algae
> eating fish.  My
> plant guru at my LFS swears by American Flag Fish, and
> trash talks the SAEs
> saying that they decimated one of his rotala sp (can't
> remember which)  I
> however have heard a lot more instances of AFF eating
> plants than SAEs.

=====
S. Hieber