[APD] Re: Plaster of Paris ornament sealer

Candy Moonwolf wrote:

What I am trying to do is "create" ornaments for a planted tank. I don't want
them to slowly dissolve so is there a sealer of some type that could be used
over the finished object that would not harm the plants or fish. Please reply with actual item
name/brand/part# and not "an epoxy" since I will take the exact item name/#
listed to a store looking for it.

Hey, Candy.

I personally can't recommend anything that I know would work, but Chuck Gadd used Everfix Epoxy Resin to cover the foam he used to form the "rock" foundation of his very cool paludarium, and that might work for you as well. He got the epoxy at Home Depot. He also mentions West Systems epoxy, which could be another option if you can locate it. Check out Chuck's comments here: http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/46g_construct.htm
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee

Aquatic-Plants mailing list
Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com