[APD] Re: WPG Rule

John wheeler said, in part, that WPG " . . .  was a lousy rule of thumb",
particularly for irregularly shaped tanks.

I totally agree.  I have been suggesting for years that lux measured at the
bottom of a tank would be a much better measurement.   The main argument
against it is that it would be too complicated, given the numerous combinations of
bulbs and reflectors.

It would not be easy, but in many cases it would be a once and done task.
Bulbs and reflectors don't change every week.  The web has many examples of the
results of much more complex research projects.

Bill