RE: [APD] Nutrient Problems

>Lighting:  3 x 55 W CF from AHS
Wow!  I really feel like my 29 is overlit with 2 55 W AHS CFs

>Nitrates:  1 ppm
Get those up.  Shoot for 5ppm

>I made the PMDD and supplimented it with some tetra florapride to
>make up the micros.  I hesitated to add too much florapride
>(0-0-3) because I didn't want to cause a potassium excess.  I have
>been dosing at 5 drops per day of Conlin's newest formula (found
>on theKrib.com) for about a month now.
Throw this formula out the window.  In a tank like that you need to rewrite
it a bit.  I followed that formula for a while using 6 drops which was
roughly half a milliliter.  Even with just 110 watts it was insufficient.  I
am now dosing 3 ml daily to keep my nitrates up where I need them.  As soon
as my mixed stock runs out I am moving to dry dosing many of my nutrients.
I am also dosing half a cap of Flora Pride at every water change for the
extra iron.

Don't be afraid of excess potassium.  It can be in the 20ppm range safely.
In fact IIRC there is no harmful side effect from having too much potassium.

>I have ordered a CO2 reactor and expect it in early this week.
Good deal.  You don't realize how much CO2 you are probably wasting with the
bubble bath you get from your filter.  I went from using 2 bubbles a second
through the filter to more like 1 bubble every 2 seconds using a reactor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VERTEXRSI CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY
Unless otherwise indicated, all information (including attachments)
contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and proprietary
information exclusively owned by the sender and/or its related or affiliated
companies and shall not, without the prior written consent of the sender, be
used, disclosed, distributed or reproduced, in whole or in part, by anyone
other than the individual or entity to whom this communication is addressed
exclusively for the purpose expressly indicated in this communication.
This e-mail communication is intended for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us at once at
postmaster at TriPointGlobal_com so that we may take appropriate action and
destroy any copies, electronic, paper or otherwise that you may have of this
communication.