[APD] RE: High Tech Tank....8 Years Later!

Hello all,

I have doing some research and it seems I have NOT seen any information on
substrate life expectancy, especially in regards to Dupla Laterite and
substrate heating. My newly planted tank substrate is 8 years old and 2
weeks after the initial planting, my Glosso is spreading like a carpet and
will have to be thinned soon! :)  I know George Booth has written a few
things on his experience on Laterite, but I'm very curious to see how his
and other substrates are performing over a long period of time?  So far so
good though for me, BUT time will tell once again!

Also in my previous post, I mentioned the HUGE advent of fertilizers now
available.  I purchased Kent Freshwater Plant and Kent Botanica Fe.  My
Lamott Fe Test kit is enroute, so I'm afraid to add anything just yet until
I observe and understand what my requirements are? Any feedback on the Kent
product would be welcome.  I also have been reading much here on Potassium
levels. Back in 1994, I never heard much on this topic.  I know my Kent
Freshwater has this nutrient as well.  Also, a question for George or anyone
who still uses Dupla 24 daily drops.  I have 4 bottles left of this, is
there any kind of shelf life, or for that matter is it now needed with the
Kent Freshwater I will be using?  Thanks all!!

Vic Di Cosola

Message: 11