[APD] Marine plant fest

I will be adding a Marine Plant fest to next year's trip. 3 days for FW, a day off, then 3 days for Marine plants.

Now both are fun for even the person not interested in Plants. Snorkeling on a reef, hanging out in the islands, swimming in a clear FW spring, collecting lots of plants is pretty fun no matter how you add it up.

The Marine trip will have us stay at a Marine Lab and lodging will be about 70$ for the 3 days anmd we will do ID/Herbarium presses etc.

It'll be the same as before, we will all pitch in for a boat to go to several small Keys I have lined up.
Flights in/out of Maimi are pretty good also if you cannot stand FW.

We will visit several places for near shore habitat, a Mangrove Sponge/seagrass bed, a nice Coral reef(not much algae here) and a few small islands. Key West is not too far so folks can go have touristy fun also if they choose.

I will try to work things out so folks cost are kept to a minimum(Marine lab Lodging etc). I'm looking at June for the trips. Cost will be food, traveling there, boat rental, lodging, I charge a flat fee of 40$ for each of the 3 day events. Most folks come back with more than that worth of weeds/wood etc.

I will talk to Erik to see how we might work this out with AGA and will let folks know as things develop.

I would like to do this once a year. Everyone has fun and learns a lot and if you have an algae question, I will be happy to answer it:) Typically there is plenty of time while floating on the reef or down the springs to discuss whatever is on your mind.

I will have to limit these trips to around 10-15 people.
Don't get the tourist trips that cost 4x as much and don't show you much of anything.

Regards,
Tom Barr