[APD] Bringing out the red in red plants

What are the secrets to accentuating reds in plants?

I currently have a 55 Gal. with CO2, 4 flourescent bulbs (2x Triton, 2x
Nutrigrow), and I use the Seachem Flourish line of additives.

I get reds near the tops of the plants (and top of the aquarium), but more
washed out colors towards the bottom.  I'm not sure this is a problem.  I
just have a nagging suspicion that the plants are not as vivid as they could
be.  Otherwise they are healthy.