Re: [APD] aquarium stand level

I don't think it's enough to be a problem sturcturally,
only an aesthetic matter.

A problem with sooden floors is that the floor sags when
loaded with weight. If one levels an aquarium withou wast
in it, it's liekly to go out of level once it's been
sitting filled for a while.

On wooden floors, with a new setup , I suggest filling and
noting how much out of level the tank is after a day. Then
empty and shim accordingly. An alternative is to provide
bracing from underneath -- usually only a practical option
if the Aquarium on the first floor and over a basement.

A deck of playing cards is a good choice for shimming an
aquarium stand.  The increments are small, the material is
water resistant, and it's easy to cut to size.

Scott H.
--- Candy Moonwolf <cry_little_sister at hotmail_com> wrote:
> I have read through the archives about leveling a tank
> using shims etc. My
> question is how much out of level warrants pulling a 55
> gal 48" long tank
> apart to re-level it. The tank is at a friends house and
> has been up about 2
> months. When visiting her I noticed that the water level
> showed on one end.
> The difference is 1/4 inch or less (based on air space
> showing above the
> water level at one end) along the 48" length of the tank.
> She is living in
> an older house and had leveled it with shims however it
> is still out of
> level as above. She has it on a "Wal-Mart" wooden stand
> that touches the
> floor at both ends and in the center. Is this enough
> variance to take it
> down and redo it or am I just paranoid like she says?
> Thanks Candy

=====
S. Hieber