RE: [APD] Partially open aquarium?

Pendant lighting could be used for the emergent growth as well as to
light the back 1/3 of the aquarium.

I would look at narrow beam spot lights to light a specific part of the tank. I have used halogen types with good results although they do run hot and the color is a bit yellowish. I'm sure there are lamps of this type with better color qualities; maybe photo/stage lighting equipment.

---Eric

Eric,
thanks for the recommendation, a local hard/homeware store
I'm sure has a range of these that I can check out.

Also pendant lighting here in Australia specifically for aquarium use
is quite expensive so buying something else and adapting it is surely
the way to go.

Regards
Damian.