Re: [APD] Eheim rattle

As I was taught, an axis is a line or segment of a line
about which something turns

An axle, technically, is a shaft fixed to a wheel (or a
rotor), which turns with the wheel (or rotor). Very often
the term is not used this way, for example, wheels on motor
vehicles that turn on the same *axis* are often refered to
as an "axle" or having as having an axle even though they
don't have one in the technical sense jsut mentioned.

Scott H.
--- Philippe Lemaire <ph_lemaire at CompaqNet.be> wrote:
> To improve my English could you comment on :
>     Axis = not turning with the motor
>     Shaft = turning with the motor
> ??
>

> Philippe