Re: [APD] fluorite (fluorspar) stones as ornaments (CaF2)

I don't know how soluble it is, but if you're wanting a softwater tank, I'd be very careful since it has calcium in it (CaF2). That link also says it's a fairly soft stone, so I'm guessing it's at least somewhat soluble. If the calcium leaches out of it, it would only be appropriate to put in a hardwater tank.

Candy Moonwolf wrote:

Anyone ever used fluorite aka fluorspar in a freshwater tank? Would it be safe?
This link provides information on it. It comes from where I was born so I will have access to collect it when I go back to visit again.
http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/servs/pubs/geobits-pub/geobit4/geobit4.htm
Thanks
Candy

-- Though lovers be lost love shall not; And death shall have no dominion. --Dylan Thomas