RE: [APD] snails in canisters

The Eheim has a ceramic shaft which is very fragile. A weak link.

-----Original Message-----
From: rspahn at sackets-harbor-high_moric.org
[mailto:rspahn at sackets-harbor-high_moric.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 1:37 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] snails in canisters

Hi everyone,  I got a chuckle reading about people trying to get snails out
of their canisters.
I purposely keep ramshorns in my old Fluval canisters:)  They've
    never gotten into the impeller section or into the tubing as adults (my
    guess is when they get too big the water flow forces them out of the
    tubing). I've found one or two babes near the openings of the tubing
    in the canister head when I clean.  The canisters are much cleaner
    with the snails in them:)  I have never put them in the new Fluvals
    (they're breaking down without anyone's help, I'm replacing them
    with Aquaclear 500's ).  Ray

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.  If
you have received this in error, please email the sender or
telephone in the United States at (847) 673-8300 and delete
this message and any attachment from your system.

For further information about MPC Products Corporation please
see our website at http://www.mpcproducts.com or refer to any
MPC Products Corporation office.