[APD] Re: A note on cold climes

From: James Foley <foleyjames at shaw_ca>

> Why do people assume that because a place drops below freezing in the
> winter that our houses are cold?
>
> In the summer our house stays at 18-20C with the help of the air
> conditioner.
>
> In the winter, the house stays at 22-24C, thanks to the furnace. That's
> right. Warmer rooms in the winter. Light up the fireplace and the temp
> gets up to 28-30C easily.

Sounds like another another way to separate high tech from low tech. If
your house has a Climate Control System, you are high tech.  :-)

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (gbooth at frii dot com)
 The website for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
   http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com/  (mirror)
   http://www.frii.com/~gbooth/AquaticConcepts/