Re: [APD] co2 won't stop

If the regulator main valve doesn't have an effect, then
it's not jsut a leaking solenoid.

Could it be the residual pressure (in the line after the
regulator, solenoid and metering valve) keeps the CO2
bubbling after you shut off the supply valves?  If you have
check valves, the resistance to flow might be enough to
build up some residual pressure that then is slowly
relieved when the supply is cut off.

Scott H.
--- Cavan <millsman7 at yahoo_com> wrote:
> I'm having a problem with my co2 controller setup that
> I'm hoping someone can help me with.  I replaced my
> 5lb bottle today (swap).  I noticed that when the
> solenoid switched off (has a red indicator light,
> outlet display light on the controller), the co2 kept
> bubbling through the bubble counter.  It even kept
> going when I turned the dial on the bottle itself off.
>  Turning the dial down on the needle valve hardly
> makes and difference in the bubble rate.  What's going
> on here?
>
> I took the probe out and put it in some tap water
> before putting it back in the tank.  Tap water is
> about 7.2.  When I put it back in the water, it read
> about .1 higher after stabilizing than when I had it
> in earlier.  ??

=====
S. Hieber