[APD] Re: What is Low Tech by Today's Standards?

I do not think the temperature is the main problem for us living in "colder climates" since most people got their tanks indoors :) But light might be a problem due to reduced daylight during the winter. :)

Arild Madsen

Actually, a frozen-solid tank would be very easy to maintain... No feeding, no trimming, your nutrient balance is always the same so there's no need to worry about dosing. There'd be no worry of your overflow siphoning water onto the floor either. CO2 injection would be difficult though, and I think that the use of very high pressure systems would be mandatory. Hmmm...

;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist that as I watch the frozen North start freezing again after a few days of reasonably warmish temperatures with a whole lot of wind.

-Bill