Re: [APD] Re: What is Low Tech by Today's Standards?

Billinet at aol_com wrote:
I think the difference between low tech and high tech is the amount of energy that the tank needs for setup and maintenance. In this context, "energy" includes electricity, money, and person hours.

The lowest energy tank that I can think of would be one sitting near a window with a certain amount of sunlight, gravel substrate, and some fish to supply nutrients. Maybe a heater in colder climates, but no other hardware. Techiness would go up from there.

I do not think the temperature is the main problem for us living in "colder climates" since most people got their tanks indoors :) But light might be a problem due to reduced daylight during the winter. :)

Arild Madsen