[APD] Re: SeaChem Purigen or Renew

Hi everyone,
I have been having some fish losses lately.  They seem to be internal
bacterial problems.  I use well water in my tanks and only sponges as filter
media.  I do not use any type of water conditioner or that kind of thing.  I
am scrupulous about water changes and filter maintenance, so am searching
around for some solution to the fish losses.

I was wondering if any one has used either Purigen or Renew by Seachem?  Do
they have a detrimental effect on the planted tank?  Are they useful, do you
think?

Any help, comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Valerie