Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:29:42 -0700
From: Phil Bunch <pbunch at cox_net>
Subject: RE: [APD] Re: Ammo Lock and Ammonia Tests
To: "'aquatic plants digest'" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Cc: "'african_cichlids at yahoogroups_com'"
	<african_cichlids at yahoogroups_com>

Wright:

It turns out that the kit I'm using is a salicylate reagent product (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals). It however indicts that it tests for both NH3 and NH4. It also indicates that "Ammonia test kits will still test positive for ammonia..." even when Ammo Lock is used. I suspect the ammonia is all in the NH4 form or as you say the fish would be dead or totally stressed. It may be that I will just have to wait for the NH4 to be processed through the bio-filter.
Phil Bunch

--
Wright Huntley -- 760 872-3995 -- Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514

           Mencken's maxim—every election is a sort
             of advanced auction of stolen goods.