[APD] Re: Algae Eating Shrimp Eating Plants?

Is this seen in new and healthy leaves, or just those that have seen their better days?

I've wondered about this myself. I've recently witnessed the *appearance* of Amano Shrimp picking apart the leaves of a large sword. That said, this was in a large tank at a LFS that had medium light, no CO2, and the plants in the tank suffered from obvious nutrient deficiencies. Could it be, in some cases, that shrimp "help the decaying process" along?

Walter