[APD] Re: choices: Eheims

 Hi William,

    I have a couple of Eheim 2026 filters in use on planted tanks; one on a
65 gallon and the other on a 100. They are quiet, well made, easy to clean
and expensive, but worth the price in my opinion.

    The 100 gallon is very heavily stocked with fish, and the filter seems
unable to keep the water free of fine particulate matter at times. I'm not
sure that the larger filter, the 2028 would be an improvement. The only
difference between the 2026 and the larger 2028 is that the latter contains
more filter media. They both run the same pump/motor units. To this day, I
can't figure out how Eheim gets a higher flow rate from the 2028 <g>.

    I've never felt the need for the surface skimmer - the fewer mechanicals
in the tank, the happier I am.

Ron Barter
Perth, Ontario