[APD] Re: Bacterial Bloom

I know nothing about diatoms or their earth, but I did have a question about Seweryn's bacterial bloom. I may have missed this but I was wondering how long has it been going on? The only reason I ask is that it seems to me that the tank is fairly young (about 4 months, I thought he said?) and sometimes in a young tank the best cure for some things is patience and time, and a bacterial bloom might be one of those things. I know it is unpleasant to look at but sometimes just giving it a week or two can solve the problem without spending lots of time and money.

I may be totally wrong, and if so I apologize, and I hope I haven't offended anyone. I do keep aquatic plants but have only been doing it for about two years.

Rachel