[APD] Help identifying a saltwater plant, please

I've been asked to help identify a plant.  This comes from a saltwater reef
tank.  It looks like corkscrew Valisneria, only it's dark red.  The plant is
about 8" tall, but I've been told that it grows larger.  There are about 8
leaves in a cluster.  The owner thinks it's a member of the Caulerpa family, but it
doesn't look like any Caulerpa I've ever seen.  Again, it just looks like a
dark red corkscrew Val.  Can anyone give me any ideas or suggestions?