RE: [APD] diatoms

Hmmm. I stand corrected. But from what I have read the
baking is done to control the finess of filtering.  If not
calcined, it's about 10 microns or less and not too useful
for many filtering purposes because it clogs up too fast.
I've seen as many as 10 diff ratings for fineness of
filtering.

Perhaps I'm using the wrong word or reading from the wrong
mineral suppliers?

Scott H.