[APD] Re: Low Light Plants and Goldfish

Hi Laura,
I have two planted tanks both with fancy goldfish.  The fancy goldfish are
far easier on plants than the common ones.  If you allow the algae to grow
on the back wall of the tank, they much prefer to nibble on that than to
bother with the plants.  I notice them picking at the plants, but they are
trying to get the algae not actually eat the plants.

I currently have many of the favourite plants in my tanks.  Goldfish will
not eat crypts or java fern.  They don't seem to bother various Amazon
swords, egeria, nymphaea, crinum, vallesnaria, hygro, bacopa, lysimachia,
saggitaria and many other varieties.

So you can plant your tank without fear.  They may uproot the stem plants
for a couple of days until they are rooted, but once they are rooted they
will be fine.

Also, weather loaches make good companions with golds.
Valerie