RE: [APD] HOT Magnum pro system

-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com]On Behalf Of Joanne Damon
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 4:53 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] HOT Magnum pro system

I was thinking of replacing my aquaclear with this filter.  Any comments
on this filter would be appreciated.

joanne damon
joanne000 at webtv_net

I have the H.O.T Magnum, not the Pro model and as one other poster mentioned
I use mine for fine clearing water when necessary. I believe the Pro series
comes with the Bio Wheel which is an excellent system to maintain beneficial
bacteria. What's wrong with the Aqua Clear? You don't mention what size tank
you have. I run Aqua Clears from mini series up to the 500 model on many of
my tanks. I use double sponges in all of them and prefilters on the intake.
I tend to use larger Aqua Clear models that they recommend for better flow
rate and more filtration but overall I think they work very well.

Rick