From: Laura Wichers [mailto:cellostix at wtw_waveform.net]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 3:03 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] Low-light plants & goldfish

A friend of mine recently converted an ancient TV into a fish tank (took
out the old tube, put in a 40gal All-Glass).  This despite my attempts to
get her to throw the whole TV idea out and spend her money on a smaller,
decent plant tank set-up.  So now she has the fish channel.

Unfortunately there is not enough room between the top of the old TV
housing and the aquarium for any kind of standard light fixture.  She also
has gone with fancy goldfish.  I am still intent on "classing up" her fish
tank so I'm up for suggestions.  Looking for very low-light (the thing is
near a window...), goldfish-tolerant plants (I thought maybe some
anubias?), and possibly suggestions for lights that shine through the
*back* of the aquarium or angle down from the back corners/side.  Also
maybe some more interesting fish that might work with goldfish.  We are
both college students so this has to be a very budgeted operation.

Currently it's just the 40gal + a AquaClear filter (size-appropriate but
can't remember model #).

TIA

Laura

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VERTEXRSI CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY
Unless otherwise indicated, all information (including attachments)
contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and proprietary
information exclusively owned by the sender and/or its related or affiliated
companies and shall not, without the prior written consent of the sender, be
used, disclosed, distributed or reproduced, in whole or in part, by anyone
other than the individual or entity to whom this communication is addressed
exclusively for the purpose expressly indicated in this communication.
This e-mail communication is intended for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us at once at
postmaster at TriPointGlobal_com so that we may take appropriate action and
destroy any copies, electronic, paper or otherwise that you may have of this
communication.