[APD] Help

Hello, i'm new to this egroups and got some questions
on planted tank.

I'm intersted in keeping a freshwater planted tank.
But i don't know what kind of filter system to adopt.
Was initially thinking of Under gravel filter (UGF)
but seems like quite alot of people are against the
idea of planted tanks and UGF. I don't know what kind
of filtration systme to use. I was thinking of the
cheap Hang On Back filters but the water currents they
produce is too strong. The plants will sway alot to
have an aesthetic look =). Any help?

Also what kind of maintainence is needed for plants?
Like fertilisers, trimming etc. Will an overplanted
tank cause hypoxia in the fishes at night when both
plants and fish compete for oxygen?

Roy