Re: [APD] More digital camera stuff

Wright Huntley wrote:
Many are very poor, so try before you buy. That perfect instant may be in a few seconds, but often is a minute or more. Can you hold the preset that long? I couldn't on many expensive digitals. Could be because I'm old and shakey, but I don't think so.

The two main things the camera does during the "half-press" is auto-focus, and set exposure. Many of the better point-and-shoot cameras allow manual focus. And many of them have "Exposure Lock" that will set the exposure, and hold those settings until you take the picture. On my Oly2100UZ, using manual focus and exposure lock eliminates most of the shutter delay.