RE: [APD] Algee control with carnivorous fish

The SAE I got at my LFS was being sold as a Black Shark.  It meant a lot of
looking at every tank in the store to find him.  From what i can find they
don't look anything alike.  At least I think what I bought was an SAE,
looking at him you can see the black ridges on his top scales.
http://home.westman.wave.ca/~cooperj/fish/sae.jpg

jon

that is in fact the Crossochelus siamensis (Siamese algae eater). Note how
the black lateral stripe extends through the tail fin. The look alike Flying
Fox had the same stripe but ends at the base of the tail. And your right
they don't look anything like the very aggressive Black Shark.

Rick.