[APD] light banter ;-)

Light is an essential nutrient for our plants, driving the whole photosynthesis process.

There are several places to get accurate information on the subject, but the LFS, your friends at the club, and this list aren't always the finest.

Anyone who would understand the terms and units, the confusing hype, and the just plain wrong info we collect here, should do a web search and find a site that is at your comfort level for complexity. I just did that and found one that may satisfy the needs of about 90% of the folks who follow this list.

http://www.squ1.com/site.html

To be specific,

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T4AB54236

gives a nice clear view of what photometric units mean.

There are other sites that maybe give more info on color temp. (how much a given lamp looks like a heated blackbody) or on radiometric units, but this one is worth browsing for a lot of good sound info on architectural lighting. [Yes, that's what our tank lights really are! :-)]

Wright

--
Wright Huntley -- 760 872-3995 -- Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514

           Mencken's maxim—every election is a sort
             of advanced auction of stolen goods.