[APD] Re: Lux

Several years ago I suggested that the best measurement of the lighting ability of a particular bulb would be its lux measured at various depths, in a tank of clear water.

A number of people pointed out the practical difficulties of implementing this, mentioning such variables as the reflector type and ballast, among other things.

Nonetheless, I think that lux is a far better tool to evaluate competing lighting methods.  It's certainly better than watts per gallon, which everybody seems to agree isn't very useful.

Bill