Re: [APD] Luxed out

Lux is a metric measurement (it's a European thing) of
light intensity that a lamp yields on square meter of
planar surface.  Footcandles is a measure of light hitting
a spherical area at 1 foot from the light source (asuming a
point source of light).  You can convert Lux to footcandles
and vice versa.  Since fluorescents shed light in all
directions, even the end of the bulb sheds light on a
square of area that's mostly under the other end of the
lamp.  A longer lamp is likely to have a higher lux rating,
other things being equal.

Lumens, otoh, are a measure of light intensity at the bulb
itself.

Scott H.