RE: [APD] GWAPA workshop - DC Metro area

I'm happy to report that the workshop was a huge success!
We had 75-85 people show up - 85% of whom weren't into
planted tanks (atleast before the got there anyway ;) )
We had good presentations covering the basics, followed
by a hands on demo of howto setup and plant an aquarium.
We also raffled away a fully established planted 20G long
aquarium, along with all the equipment. I'll post a picture
of that setup taken that very day here soon. Raffle prize #2
was the 'demo' tank and raffle prize #3 was a selection of
Seachem stuff (donated so generously by our friends there)
along with a 1 year membership gift cert. to the AGA.

Then a 'mini' auction - 200+ items - was met
enthusiastically - proof that the presentations met
their mark. Clearly we generated the interest we wanted to.

Some folk, whom I'd only 'met' online drove down for the
event - which was fantastic. We stood around and chatted
while the auction was going on.

GWAPA ended up with 9 new members and 15 others who may
be interested. I'm estatic about that!

Overall, a VERY successful event!

-
Ghazanfar Khan Ghori