[APD] CO2 regulator output pressure

I finally got my pressurised CO2 system up and running <GRIN> and I am currently fiddling around with regulator and needle valve trying to achieve the optimal bubble rate for my setup. Just this morning, pH 6.8, KH 4.5 degrees, CO2 21ppm, bubble rate 19 bubbles/minute, 50gal tank. So far so good.

My question is, what kind of output pressure should I set on the regulator? What are the advantages/disadvantages of setting higher/lower output pressures, if any? I currently have a low pressure setting around 0.4 bar (5.8 psi). Is the outlet pressure really that important? Thanks.

Clint Brearley
Melbourne, Australia