RE: [APD] Peppermint Shrimp

Oh, wow!  Those look really neat!  Almost like the clydesdales of the shrimp
world!

-----Original Message-----
From: William J. Wells [mailto:wwells1 at concentric_net]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 9:47 AM
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: Re: [APD] Peppermint Shrimp

Seweryn Bialasiewicz wrote:

> Well, that's what the guy at the LFS call them anyway. The largest one
> is about 3.5cm long, brownish transparent body with a white stripe down
> their back and a cream stripe (outlined in dark brown) down the middle
> of their side. The smaller ones are more clear than brown.
>
> -S
>
>> From: "LeDeaux, David" <David_LeDeaux at tripointglobal.com>
>>
>> I thought peppermint shrimp were a saltwater variety.

Sounds like the Singapore shrimp (aka Flower shrimp, wood shrimp). They
reach 2.5-3.5 inches, like pH around 6.5 - 7.4 and temp about
73-85F.  They are filter feeders.  They like to eat bits of plant
matter.  They can be fed enriched Artemia nauplii, frozen cyclops,
powdered flake food, OSI Micro-Food and Artemia food.  Also they "clean"
the bottom of the tank in search of food.  Need a fair amount of water
flow to bring the food to them.  There is a picture at:
http://www.azgardens.com/images/SingWoodShrimphotocreditUwe.gif

Later,
Bill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VERTEXRSI CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY
Unless otherwise indicated, all information (including attachments)
contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and proprietary
information exclusively owned by the sender and/or its related or affiliated
companies and shall not, without the prior written consent of the sender, be
used, disclosed, distributed or reproduced, in whole or in part, by anyone
other than the individual or entity to whom this communication is addressed
exclusively for the purpose expressly indicated in this communication.
This e-mail communication is intended for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us at once at
postmaster at TriPointGlobal_com so that we may take appropriate action and
destroy any copies, electronic, paper or otherwise that you may have of this
communication.