[APD] Re: Hagen CO2 natural plant system

Joanne,

I use two of them on my low energy 29.  I am still experimenting the with the
recipe.

Right now I add water up to the mark and then add 2/3 cup of sugar, 1/3
teaspoon of yeast, and 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda.  This maintains the
CO2 level between 12 and 20, according to George Booth's chart.  The mixture
continues to generate enough CO2 for 8 - 10 days, sometimes more.  I'm going
to keep experimenting.

The plants are responding to the extra CO2, although not dramatically.

I think the baking soda retards the yeast-sugar interaction, making it last
longer.  I tried it without baking soda.  It started faster - more bubbles per
minute - but it lasted only a few days.

Good luck!

Bill