RE: [APD] Spiral and multiple-tube small fluorescents.

Subject: Re: [APD] Spiral and multiple-tube small fluorescents.

I'll have to admit, my other tanks, where I am using the Home Depot bulbs,
don't
have CO2, or fertilizer, but then they only have a small number of plants in
them--to help the fish feel a little more secure than in a bare tank.  But I
had
the same problems in my planted tank before I changed  lights.

Thanks for any enlightenment (pun intended ;-)

Cheri

Cheri

I use a combination of Sylvania Gro Lux and Ge Plant Gro bulbs over my 77g
tank and my plants do fine. Hornwort, water sprite, bacopa. ludwiga and
others have to be thinned out regularly.

Rick