[APD] tough little crypts

Hi everyone,
I set up my new 240 gallon tank about six weeks ago. In the last two weeks I
have started getting new baby Cryptocoryne sprouts. I have not planted any
crypts in the tank so far. The 100% Flourite substrate is a mixture of old
Flourite from my 125 gallon and about 10 new bags of flourite. I put the new on the
bottom and old on top, as the old was well rinsed.

This is the amazing thing to me.  I broke my old tanks down 5 months before I
set up the 240. My old Flourite that sprouted these Crypts sat in six open to
the air Rubbermaid Roughneck containers in a metal, non climate controlled
storage space throughout the Atlanta summer for 5 whole months. The temps in
this storage space regularly reached 120 or so (guess). The substrate did stay
moist towards the bottom of the containers.

Tough little buggers. I am amazed.

Dave