RE: [APD] Lowering pH for water changes

---
Subject: [APD] Lowering pH for water changes

What is the best and easiest way to lower pH for water changes? My tap water
comes out at a pH of 8.6 and GH of 12. I plan on using CO2 to lower my pH
when starting up my planted discus tank and plan on setting my pH to
6.8-7.0. Any ideas on what a good way to lower pH when making water changes?

Thanks!!

Shane

I filter my water through a bucket of peat moss. I have a R/O system in the
house that wastes an enormous amount of water so I tied and line with a
valve into the drain line and run it to my basement. I put about 4 layers of
batting in a bucket that has a small hole drilled into the bottom and filled
the bucked about 3/4 full of peat moss. When ever I use the R/O system the
waste water runs into the peat bucket. It lowers my PH to around 6.0

Rick