[APD] CO2, CaCo3 and nuetral buffers

Is it bad to use a buffer such as Nuetral regulator by Seachem?  It does such
a good job of keeping my pH at 7.0.  The pH of my tap water is over 9.  I am
hoping to start using yeast CO2 on atleast one of my tanks soon and am
wondering if the Nuetral regulator will be a problem or not.  My GH and KH
are both quite high.  Should I be using only CaCO3 instead?  What is your
opinion of getting CaCO3 tablets form the grocery store and grinding them up?

Scott