[APD] Gulping CO2

Along the lines of Seweryn's question about fish eating DIY CO2 by-products, how about otos sucking down the CO2? I have the Hagen Plant-Gro CO2 natural system with the totally cool reactor, and one of my otos likes to clean it. I was watching last night, and it was cleaning right around the end of the airline tubing, and sometimes when a bubble came out it was ingesting some CO2, and then burping out a little bubble afterwards. I assume this is no more dangerous than the CO2 we drink in sodas, but just wanted to check. Maybe this could be a new kind of CO2 reactor?

-Rachel