Re: [APD] Killer yeast?

Seweryn Bialasiewicz wrote:

I was talking to my LFS today about my unfortunate spate of fish deaths, and the guy suggested that a possible cause of the deaths was of yeast getting into the tank via my DIY CO2 reactor bottle, then being eaten

very unlikely. Several people have had BIG yeast accidents, where a large amount of the contents of the yeast bottle got pulled back into the tank. They got extremely cloudy water, and lots of "stuff" in the water. In most cases, a couple water changes, and the cloudyness goes away in a day or so, and no fish loss. I'm sure that if the yeast were deadly, anyone that had even a minor yeast accident would have big fish loss.