Re: [APD] Installing an overflow?

If it's tempered glass, it's very likely not to work --
tempered glass doesn't like to to have it's surface broken.

If it's not tempered, sure you can drill it.  A good
carbide or better a diamond dust hole-cutting bit is what
you need.  You can get cheap ones at places like Home Depot
or really good ones from places like Jehmco

http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/HARDWARE_/Glass_Drills___Bulkhead_Fittin/glass_drills___bulkhead_fittin.html

Jehmco will even discuss the process with you, as I recall.
 YOu should use a coolant -- be careful of water and an
electric drill, of course.

If you drill the bottom panel and break it -- drat!

You might price out having it done by a professional glass
shop.

You also want to use a drill with good bearings, that run
the bit true and without wobble and variable speed so you
can get a speed that cuts without excess heat.

You might want to get some glass and practice a hol eor two
before going at the tank.

Good luck,
Scott H.